Counselor's Corner Newsletter
Pride Survey Results
Safe and Drug Free Schools and Communities Program Resources
The mission of Newton School's Counseling and Guidance program is to provide supportive and personalized comprehensive guidance in conjunction with the educational curriculum. The Newton School's counseling and guidance program embraces a student-oriented philosophy that is respectful of diversity and committed to the development of the student as a whole person.
Newton School offers our students the services of a Response to InstructionTeam (RtI). This is a committee composed of administrators, teachers, counselors, and other support staff that use their expertise to meet the needs of general education students at risk of failure and/or chronic behavioral challenges. Using this collaborative effort, we offer immediate support to our students to ensure that each student has the opportunity to be successful.
Newton School's Counseling and Guidance Program offers benefits for both students and parents.
Benefits for Students:
- Ensures every student access to the school counseling and guidance program.
- Monitors and interprets data to facilitate student improvement and school success.
- Provides strategies for closing the achievement gap.
- Promotes the most challenging and appropriate academic curriculum for each student.
- Advocates for students and promotes equitable access to educational opportunities.
Benefits for Parents/Guardians:
- Supports active partnerships for student learning and career planning.
- Invites and coordinates access to school and community resources.
- Advocates for student academic, career, and personal development.
- Provides training and informational workshops.
- Provides data for information on student progress.